The hourly rate for the reliever depends on their experience, qualifications and your region.
You choose what works for your centre.
Schedule - Northland, Rotorua, Gisborne, Taranaki and Manawatu, Waikato, Tauranga and Hawkes Bay
Rates vary per region - enquire with your local office for the rates that apply to your area.
Rate 1: Registered ECE or Primary Teachers with current teacher registration
Rate 2: Registered but experienced relievers
**For some regions we now also have reliever cooks and centre managers. Please enquire with the Franchisee in your area for availability and cost.
- The minimum relieving shift is 4 hours.
- A minimum of 2 hours notice is required for cancellations. If you cancel within this timeframe, you will be charged 4 hours for the reliever plus the administration fee. If the reliever is able to be sent to another job that day, this may be waived.
- To be deemed qualified, the qualification must meet Ministry of Education criteria and be registered and certified with the Education Council.
- Qualified ECE teachers without a current registration and a reliever in their final year of training can be counted to meet the 50% qualified staff requirement.
- Primary qualified teachers with a current practising certificate (Subject to Confirmation, Provisionally or Fully registered) are considered qualified for funding purposes, but not able to be a person responsible.
- ECE qualified teachers with a lapsed practising certificate who have re-applied with conditions met*, or who hold a letter from the Education Council advising that certification has been approved, are considered qualified for funding purposes, but not able to be a person responsible.
*A maximum of 3 months from the date the application is submitted to the Education Council